Company Name: Bell Canada
Position Profile: 210
Salary Group: 14
Job Location Address:
- 671 La Gauchètiere O., Montréal, (Quebec); or,
- 5115 Creekbank, Mississauga, (Ontario)
Job Status: Temporary Assignment for 12 months | Temporary – Part time
Position under VP: Michelle McCoubrey
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: September 3, 2023
Name of Contact: Lucy Lemme
Please take note that for all job postings of a temporary nature, priority will be given to surplus employees.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The Support Field Services team is looking for a dynamic candidate to provide analytical support to Bell’s Field Operations teams. This opening is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in working in a challenging and high-profile environment.
The job requires an individual who is open to change, has strong business acumen and is results-oriented. As such, the candidate must be able to manage change while working efficiently in a collaborative environment with different business units.
The selected candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and testing internal web applications, and supporting information system operations for our community of users.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Offer support to existing web application & tool users by diagnosing, isolating, and de-bugging problems with existing applications
- Build, design, develop and support new web applications in an effort to make Field Services more efficient and productive. Perform unit testing as required
- Analyze and evaluate the requirements for change requests or new applications
- With minimal guidance, gather and analyze information from various sources to ensure its integrity, and resolve any anomalies.
- Offer support to web application to users by diagnosing, isolating, and de-bugging problems with existing applications
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities in existing applications in order to achieve optimal results while ensuring accuracy and adhering to tight deadlines
- Develop and maintain reference documents for internal customers
- Work closely with the manager in charge of the team, and with all managers within our organization and Field Services
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- University or College degree in computer sciences or relevant experience in equivalent domain
- Advanced knowledge of web application development using C#, .net core 6 Framework
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, JSON and CSS
- Intermediate knowledge of Angular
- Knowledge of SQL server relational database, ADO.Net and Entity framework
- Knowledge of REST and WEB API. Experience in Developing, testing and consuming web services
- Familiar with GIT, Jira, Confluence, Visual Studio/ Visual Studio Code
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexibility with regard to performing out-of-mandate tasks, as required
- Ability to effectively communicate with external and internal stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Hands-on software development application (project lifecycle)
- Manage deadlines and ensure effective project follow-up
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written) conducive to addressing an audience of managers
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday with a work period between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary – Part time
Position Level: Unifor – Clerical Associate
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible Work Profile: Remote
Contact Name: Lucy Lemme
Application Deadline: 09/03/2023
For Workways profiles that are ‘Mobile’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will
not be accepted.