Shahood Haque – Elected
Good day to members of UNIFOR Local 6007.
My name is Shahood Haque and I am running to be the next Treasure of UNIFOR Local 6007 this coming election on February 28th, 2022.
As a 13-year veteran of Bell with over 20 years of experience of managing finances, I am determined to serve all members with transparency and honesty. Each member of UNIFOR Local 6007 deserves to know how their union dues are being managed and by whom. After 10 years of invisible representation, I will ensure you have a leader you can count on.
What does the Treasurer do?
Treasurer is responsible for keeping accurate record of the union’s finances, expenses, collecting membership dues and maintaining membership.
Note: The Treasurer is NOT responsible for making legal decisions as the UNIFOR Local 6007 has its own lawyers in charge of legal decision making and representation for members.
Why vote for me?
- I have a proven track record of managing finances and leading in and outside of Bell.
- I have managed finances as a former site and corporate manager in North America for 20+ years and mitigated losses.
- I have advocated for members of my colleagues across Bell by standing up for our rights to management.
- I am educated on our rights under the union and have experience challenging the company to uphold these rights.
- I will ensure each and every member knows how their union dues are being managed.
- Each and every member will have 24/7 access to me.
As a member of HHLT, I have continually stood up for members of my team and advocated for our union rights whether that’s speaking up during introduction of new processes or standing up when my colleagues are subject to unfair disciplinary action. I’ve sent many letters to executive management and set up meetings expressing disagreement that has unfairly impacted the team. With my 13 years of experience as a Bell employee and former corporate management experience, I want to use my knowledge and experience to serve you with transparency.
Status Quo is no longer an option, we deserve change and we deserve a leader who can lead with transparency and honesty. For the past 10 years member have paid dues without understand how their dues are being managed, with me as your Treasurer this will change immediately.
On February 28, 2022 you will be responsible for choosing the future of our Union. A vote for Shahood is a vote for a more Transparent and Open Treasurer that is available to you 24/7.
Good luck on choosing the right candidate for your future.