To Membership of Local 6007,
Let me take this opportunity to re-introduce myself and also thank each one of you for taking time to read this statement. I am a proud Union Activist and I have been employed with Bell Canada for more than 14 years and with the Union for more than 12 years which is my second family. I have been in Treasurer Role for 3 terms which is 9 years. I started as a Union Representative and worked my way up as an Executive of Local 6007.
I would like to express my interest in getting re-elected for position of Treasurer and continue to apply my expertise as a Treasurer which I have built over time and effort.
With a well-renowned background in legal and refined talents in Time Management, Data Entry and Communication, which makes me an ideal fit for the Treasurer position. Additionally, I am a subject matter expert in communication and a consistent collaborator with the Company, Nationals, Arbitrators, Mediators, Lawyers and many more.
As a Treasurer my job is not limited to certain duties but it is diverse. Few of my achievements as a key asset to the Union included but not limited to the following:
- Strengthening the Financial Position of Unifor Local 6007 since I took over as a Treasurer.
- Training Union Activists who have become Stewards or Chief Stewards for various camps.
- Send the Stewards, Women’s Advocate, Trustee, Executives to several different training as and when needed including their reimbursement process.
- Making pivotal decision in representing members at various grievance steps at various levels.
- Create several reports for the executives and bargaining team.
- Organizing various events for members.
- Attending Arbitration Hearings with other Executives, for members at various levels and our achievement includes Settlements and Arbitration awards.
- Organized various work groups along with other Union activities with Nationals and other team members of the Union.
- Attended various conventions, seminars, council meetings on personal time and weekends.
My previous roles have strengthened my abilities in time-management and organization, including a focused attention to detail and accuracy. As we are still in pandemic, things have changed and we have not been able to do events due to social gathering restrictions however we as executives are planning to work out something for our members in the near future.
I am thrilled at the prospect of bringing my talents once again to Treasurer Position. Please contact me at your convenience if you have any questions for me or need any clarifications. I am always available for my members at any given point of time to respond to their queries in a timely fashion.
Please ensure you do vote because your voice needs to be heard.
Thank you for your time and consideration.