Position Profile: 539
Salary Group: 12
Job Location Address: 78 O’Connor St., Ottawa, ON
Job Status: Regular – Part Time
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019
Name of Contact: Lucy Lemme
Employees who are surplus or potentially surplus (with an active 912M form) will be given priority consideration for this position. All other applicants will be considered at the end of the posting period if no surplus employee has been selected
Name and description of the hiring department:
The International Network Management Centre (INMC) provides Level I &II Service Assurance for the Voice Network on a 7/24 basis. The INMC has overall accountability for analysing live traffic and isolating the problem; resolving troubles by provisioning in the network and reporting outages.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Provide Level I & II Service Assurance for Toll Free Services; International & Cross Border Traffic; LNP and AIN; as per the MTTR guidelines.
- Collaborate with Bell internal groups (various help desks, Business Office, 611, etc.) and service managers to resolve trouble reports.
- Provision in SMS & SMS800. Support Online Control Route customers
- Extensive interaction with various service providers including Overseas Carriers.
- Reset passwords for various applications.
- Analyze call patterns from INUTS application.
- Monitor alarms from various Bell applications.
- Activate Emergency Re-route and Preplans for Bell external customers.
- Assist with Toll Free cutovers for Bell’s major customers.
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Individuals must be bilingual, ability to communicate effectively both verbally, written or over the phone.
- Should possess the ability to analyse and absorb complex data and handle diversity.
- Individual must be able to cope with frequent interruptions, emergencies, workload rearrangements, difficult customers and stressful situations.
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of specific components of the network and voice services such as Toll Free (end to end), AIN, 900, International (Overseas Traffic), Cross Border Traffic.
- Frontline leadership training or extensive direct customer contact.
- An in-depth knowledge of the following: OSS/Platforms such as NETS, Inuts, Internet, SMS, SMS800, HMI, ASMS/SOA, and Online Control Route.
- Knowledge of internal Bell structure and department accountabilities.
- A good understanding of telephony and a fundamental knowledge of telephone switching and network technologies.
- 7/24 environment.
- Incumbent will be required to work scheduled shift work and weekends (by seniority).
- Bilingualism is required (English and French)
- Position Type: Union
- Job Status: Regular – Part Time
- Position Level: Unifor – Clerical Associate
- Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
- Contact Name: Lucy Lemme
- Application Deadline: 04/26/2019