Position Profile: 539
Salary Group: 12
Job Location Address: 78 O’Connor St., Ottawa, ON
Job Status: Temporary Part-Time
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: December 9, 2018
Please take note that for all job postings of a temporary nature, priority will be given to surplus employees
Name and description of the hiring department:
The International Network Management Centre (INMC) provides Level I &II Service Assurance for the Voice Network on a 7/24 basis. The INMC has overall accountability for analyzing live traffic and isolating the problem; resolving troubles by provisioning in the network and reporting outages.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Provide Level I & II Service Assurance for Toll Free Services; International & Cross Border Traffic; LNP and AIN; as per the MTTR guidelines.
- Collaborate with Bell internal groups (various help desks, Business Office, 611, etc.) and service managers to resolve trouble reports.
- Provision in SMS & SMS800.
- Support Online Control Route customers.
- Extensive interaction with various service providers including Overseas Carriers.
- Reset passwords for various applications.
- Analyze call patterns from INUTS application.
- Monitor alarms from various Bell applications.
- Activate Emergency Re-route and Preplans for Bell external customers.
- Assist with Toll Free cutovers for Bell’s major customers.
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Individuals must be bilingual, ability to communicate effectively both verbally, written or over the phone.
- Should possess the ability to analyse and absorb complex data and handle diversity.
- Individual must be able to cope with frequent interruptions, emergencies, workload rearrangements, difficult customers and stressful situations.
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of specific components of the network and voice services such as Toll Free (end to end), AIN, 900, International (Overseas Traffic), Cross Border Traffic.
- Frontline leadership training or extensive direct customer contact.
- An in-depth knowledge of the following:
- OSS/Platforms such as NETS,
- ASMS/SOA, and
- Online Control Route.
- Knowledge of internal Bell structure and department accountabilities.
- A good understanding of telephony and a fundamental knowledge of telephone switching and network technologies.
- 7/24 environment.
- Incumbent will be required to work scheduled shift work and weekends (by seniority).