Company Name: Bell Canada
Position Profile: 560
Salary Group: 13
Job Location Address:
- 76 Adelaide W, Toronto (Ontario); or,
- 671 de la Gauchetiere St W, Montreal (Quebec)
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Number of Positions: 2
Date Candidate Required: December 2023
Application Deadline: November 22, 2023
Name of Contact: Antonella Iasenza (514) 870-8974
Employees who are surplus or potentially surplus (with an active 912M form) will be given priority consideration for this position. All other applicants will be considered at the end of the posting period if no surplus employee has been selected.
Name and description of the hiring department
The Business Data Provisioning and Assurance team resides within Field Services and is
responsible for all activation and repair of data services solutions nationally for Enterprise, SMB and Wholesale customers. Our team partners with the BBM, Field Services and Network teams in order to deliver quick repair performance and delivering activation of services for our customers. The team is split between activation/testing and repair/testing, and this posting will support both teams.
We are looking for a front-end facing associate that can manage resources, internal teams, customer communication while improving processes and service. A successful candidate will be knowledgeable of public or private telecommunications networks with emphasis on IP, Data, Broadband, and Integrated Services. Experience in the ‘operations’ of a telecommunications networks and service level management for both networks and applications would be an asset.
If you have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, on a strong technical team while supporting Bell’s data products, then the Business Data Provisioning team is the place to be.
Job Duties / Accountabilities
- In the Help Desk / Escalation role you will be a single point of contact (SPOC) between internal and external groups, managing incidents, service requests and communicating with customers and suppliers
- Performs service & process audits and post mortems with recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for loading/assigning customer provisioning orders to technicians based on critical dates
- Manage tickets/orders until completion/closure; escalating to support manager when required
- Coordinate customer approved Changes (Changed Management)
- Workload queue & prioritization management
- Actively prioritize problems with internal/external suppliers and service partners to ensure outage time is minimized
- Coordinate the isolation of common failures and drive timely re-establishment across teams
- Demonstrate Business Ethics and Corporate Values at all times
Essential Qualifications / Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines and new situations
- Very strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship building skills
- Ability to work as a team and in partnership with different departments
- Customer service experience
- Focus on quality and resolution, prioritizing the client experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Basic level
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies
- Knowledge of Networking
- Knowledge of internetworking LAN/MAN/WAN
- Knowledge of IP products and services (IPVPN, MPLS)
- Knowledge of Legacy – Broadband products and services (T1, ATM, OE, NGCE)
- Knowledge of vendor product (Cisco, Juniper, Nortel and Alcatel)
- Bilingual writing and speaking (French/English)
- This service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The candidate might have to work on different schedules according to business needs and will have to participate in the standby program and must be able to work overtime
- The candidate must be available and flexible to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays as needed
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Position Level: Unifor – Clerical Associate
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible Work Profile: Remote
Contact Name: Antonella Iasenza
Application Deadline: 11/22/2023
For Workways profiles that are ‘Mobile’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email
will not be accepted.