Company Name: Bell Canada
Position Profile: 318
Salary Group: 10
Job Location Address: 393 Rideau St., Ottawa, On.
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Date Candidate Required: December 2023
Application Deadline: November 20, 2023
Name of Contact: Giovanna Rinaldi 514.391.7050
Employees who are surplus or potentially surplus (with an active 912M form) will be given priority consideration for this position. All other applicants will be considered at the end of the posting period if no surplus employee has been selected.
Name and description of the hiring department:
Corporate Security Access Management group is responsible for all of the Pre employment verifications and personnel security clearances with the Federal and Provincial governments for all the BCE companies. This includes the processing of the pre employment screening background checks for all new hires and rehires and processing and maintaining the Federal and Provincial personnel clearance process within a Secure Environment. The associate is the single point of contact for pre employment screening program.
The associate is required to resolve security issues that have impact on the corporation. She ensures that service orders are complete, accurate and processed in a timely fashion.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Receives, handles and ensures an immediate response for all calls from internal and external clients
- Analyzes and Processes pre employment verification results
- Provide final results to hiring managers on Screening
- Support the Corporate mandated accountability for protection of Bell’s portion of the national Critical Infrastructure
- Process and maintain personnel security clearances pertaining to the Federal and Provincial government program
- Resolve security issues that have an impact on the corporation
- Correct discrepancies to adjust customer files for billing purposes
- Partner with external vendors to process security files and resolve issues
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships of trust with internal and external clients
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with different internal and external partners
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with individuals from various departments and
organizations both internal and external to Bell
- Basic Knowledge of MS Word
- Basic Knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of English and French required: Maintaining professional relationships with French & English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position
Preferred Qualifications/ Competencies:
- Federal clearance to the level of Secret is mandatory
- Knowledge of the Corporate Structure and companies
- Basic Knowledge of MS Access
Remote: Team members, in unionized roles, perform their duties at home on a full-time basis, and occasionally visit their Bell primary work location (generally estimated between 1 day per week to 1 day per month) for activities such as training, team events and coaching sessions. The frequency of visits to their Bell primary work location will be determined by their leader in advance, and may be increased due to team and business requirements.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Position Level: Unifor – Clerical Associate
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Flexible Work Profile: Remote
Contact Name: Giovanna Rinaldi
Application Deadline: 11/20/2023
For Workways profiles that are ‘Mobile’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.